About the Event:
Since 2003, FICCI has been successfully organizing the Special Track on Fuel Retailing jointly with Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd, and thereafter every edition of PETROTECH, this parallel event has been held concordantly with the main PETROTECH event, with much success and recognition.
Over the years, the special track has become one of the most important events in the downstream sector and provided an excellent platform for exchange of opinions on the paradigm shifts taking place in the Indian fuel retailing segment. The past editions have witnessed participation from thought leaders, key policy makers from the Government of India, the industry regulator, technology providers and CEOs from the oil & gas and allied industry.
As the Indian economy continues to grow, the energy consumption per capita is also increasing. Recent initiatives of the Government towards expanding energy access to a wider section of the population in an affordable manner, for example rural electrification and push on PNG and LPG adoption. The deregulation of HSD prices was a significant step taken by this Govt. which is seeing the return of private sector players into fuel retailing.
In the context of the priorities of the MoPNG, FICCI and BPCL are reorienting the focus of the parallel track as “Energizing India over the next decade: Access, Inclusiveness & Sustainability”
Focus Areas of the Event:
- Enhancing affordable Access to Energy: To discuss the issues and challenges associated with bringing affordable access to this new set of customers (potentially up to 300 million) especially in rural and semi urban areas where cost of serving customers could be high, and new infrastructure would need to be created.
- Penetration of Gaseous fuels: To explore the future opportunities for extending the penetration of gaseous fuels and how government has brought about major changes in delivery of gaseous fuels to the domestic sector through schemes such as Pahal, Ujjwala and rural LPG.
- Growing Importance of Alternative fuels and E-mobility: To discuss and assess the pace of maturity and development in these technologies, likely competition against fossil fuel based system (liquid and gaseous).PM Vision to Electric Vehicle 2030.
- Leveraging Technology in fuel retailing and Consumer of the future: Howdigital and analytics is transforming the fuel retailing, using features such as location based services, personalised offers and dynamic campaigns. Oil marketing companies are launching mobile apps and customer interface in LPG has been revolutionized by Aadhaar enabled Direct Benefits Transfer.
- Energy retail market vision 2030 in India: To assess different scenarios that could emerge in terms of this growth across different energy types (liquid, gaseous and electric), sectoral growth in transportation, domestic and industrial and rural vs urban demand.
||Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd
||Essar Oil Ltd.
||Reliance Industries Ltd.
||Indraprastha Gas Ltd.
||Mahanagar Gas Ltd.